Thursday, August 16, 2012

My update

Hey everyone,

I took a week... doing kind of a "reboot" of sorts.  Changing up my daily life and schedule.  Turns out it's a lot harder than it should be!  Going from night shift back to day shift is as hard as I thought it would be.  I sleep at night, but not very well and because of that it makes me more tired in the day.  But, with my exercise schedule the way it is, I've actually had more energy in the day.  But something came up this past few weeks that's kind of thrown my schedule out the window.  But, it's okay because I feel like I'm still exercising lol.

So Grandpa is redoing his dining room.  He's putting new flooring and fixing up the dining set.  I'm excited for them because it's going to look really nice when it's finished.  He's asked for my help (when I can) and Jayson's help.  Jay and I have been redoing the floor.  I'm only able to help once or twice a week due to work and trying to get chores at home done.  But working on that floor is a lot of work, and puts me in a good sweat.  So I'm going to count it.  Once it's all done I can go back to my schedule because so far I really like it.  I may have to change the hours.  I do once in the morning (when I wake up, early) and once in the evening.  I think the evening one is a little too late or early.  It's kind of right around dinner time.  It's going to do wonders when I can go back to day shift.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typing!! Yikids.. okay yes you will feel so much better once you are back on a semi normal schedule. I know I hated the midnight shift thing.

      Delete
  2. We are hoping Michael can help tomorrow and get that floor near done. We will see, Dad is a perfectionist and that might drive my hubby nutty. :)

    Changing shifts is hard, I'm not sure I have completely ever gotten back to normal. I'm not even sure I know what normal sleep is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL I know about that perfectionist side of Grandpa. I also know how he likes to change plans. Which is why this project has evolved from re-upholstering the chairs to restaining the wood on the chairs to getting the table without pedestals fixed to ripping up the carpet and laying wood down to also adding the kitchen there. You know what, though? I tell myself how it will look amazing when it's done, though.

      Delete