Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Still Here... still chipping away at the mountain

Getting healthy isn't a one time event. It is described very eloquently by Charlotte Siems of T-tapp fame:

I especially want to encourage More to Lose T-Tappers - Yes, You Can! Time would have passed by no matter what I did, but it was the little day-by-day, moment-by-moment, workout-by-workout choices I made that added up to big changes, not some huge, one-time life-changing event. No magic pill, no easy solution - just baby steps and a fundamental shift in thinking about exercise and eating.


This time I am going very slowly, forced by middle age and a schedule that I have to fit health into. But I figure I will have the skills down, and habits finally formed.

I still fight myself.. sweets are still a huge draw. I want them. They are not good for me, but I want them. I know we understand what is good for us but sometimes doing it, being the good patient is so hard. It is like someone who thinks that eating the same  way they have that has gotten them where they are is do-able. I assure you it isn't.

You can't just sit. You have to figure out something even if the movement you do is from a chair at first, or for good, but just move something.

I don't mean to preach! :) This is more for  me.

But I have been doing my T-tapp workouts, and will ramp it up a bit more sometime in the New Years.

I just didn't want anyone thinking this is less of a focus for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sweets are killing my right now. I understand, and with this wedding I my stress is such that it is hard to fight it. I have decided I need to log my food for a bit. Maybe that way I can be honest about it, and really think about something before I give into cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe.. I ordered vitamin b 12, because according to theresa it might help with the cravings. and got some for marlei too to see if it helps with her stress. we can give it a try.

    ReplyDelete