Sunday, December 2, 2012

As I have said I'm feeling really off.  Not sure why, my weight is going up, my body fat% has gone way up.  I know my eating is really off, but there seems to be more to it.  I have been very puffy since October.  I kept hoping T-tapp would help but it really hasn't decreased the puffiness.  I started the CRT (skin brushing) and that hasn't helped.  I started taking the supplements with the CRT and if nothing else it is worse.  So I thought I might would have to stop the fiber tox.  I have never done will with psyllium in the past, so it makes sense to me, but I was willing to give it a chance, and if nothing else I feel worse than ever taking it.  Always yuck inside.

Just now I was researching alfalfa, and low and behold it is a plant estrogen.  Yup, can't take it either.  The last thing this lady with PCOS needs is more estrogens.   As much as I love how I feel on T-tapp, and I really have to make myself do the total workout, the supplements are not good for me.  So I'm going to stop those and hopefully I will feel better.  Like Noelie, I know I need to low carb better.  My cravings have sky rocketed over the past 3 months.  Stress is really getting to me and the worst of it is knowing that with December it will only get worse.  I have too much going on, and I don't know how to manage it.  My type 2 personality really doesn't do well when I can't wrap my brain around how to do things without a good plan, and I can't seem to make a good plan.  I feel like I'm winging it every day.  Bleh, I hate it.  I'm fighting tooth and nail over this month and trying my best to not get overwhelmed.  Talk to me after Christmas, maybe I will be better by then.  One can hope!  I thought I should try to atkins it the next 2 weeks to see if this puffiness will go away by the wedding.

I really need to get into the Dr. but I don't know when.  It seems the best laid plans get pushed aside for other things.  I am tired, stressed, and discouraged.  I don't like feeling this way, but being in a 3 month stall has really left me down.

4 comments:

  1. This is from Theresa: As far as a substitute for Alfalfa for hormonal balance abilities, there are none. However, Alfalfa is also a proven anti-inflammatory without side effects and it alkalinizes your body (for those who tend to be over-acidic). You can substitute other dense greens like wheat grass and barley but to support your skin's ability to tighten and tone without Alfalfa be sure to also take a complete multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplement. For extra skin support add Immune Boost (because it contains vitamin C, Zinc and grape skin extract ...all of which help the skin produce collagen). You can also support your skin's intake of minerals by taking dead sea salt soaks and using CellFood drops in your water (it contains all the trace minerals, amino acids, as well as ability for your body to oxygenate at cellular level...please note: CellFood is NOT oxygen drops


    They don't tend to believe in the Phytoestrogen thing-even though well yeah. they are there. Perhaps that is why I have gained a few, even after low carbing again .. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a post from her on the forum where she said that alfalfa helps balance estrogen and if you have to much it will bring it down. I don't know about that. I know for sure that psyllium is a problem for me, has been in the past, so I'm stopping that for sure. I will give a few more days with the alfalfa alone to see what happens, but I have my doubts. With it being a diuretic my hands are still way puffy like they have been now for several weeks, nearing 2 months. I'm working hard at low carbing and will give it a few days to see what happens. If it doesn't improve I will go off the alfalfa, I will be close to being done with the bottle anyway. I think the skin brushing will do more anyway and since we eat plenty of fat and protein I suspect that repairing collogen is not so hard for us, after all my face usually shows it pretty well what I'm doing. Hopefully that will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember a well formulated low carb plan is high in fat :) enjoy those avocado's, nuts, and coconut oil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do the best I can right now. I have unexpected Christmas gifts that just popped up on us and I have no idea what the budget for the rest of my month will be like.

    ReplyDelete