Friday, May 25, 2012

body fighting, or in transition

I seem to remember that years ago I would get points where I was weak, and could hardly do a thing. It would seem like I would have to drop weight, intensity, or shorten a workout. I think I'm at that point. If not that then my body is pulling something similar to Noelie's previous post about body fighting change. My right knee was zinging today. It did not want to do anything, lunges, squats or pliƩ. Usually only the lunges bother me, or squats if I do poor form. Not today. On top of that my legs feel like jelly, and didn't want to do anything.

Noelie told me to fight through tough, so I did. I fought it. (Other than the knee pain because that is too risky for me) I made sure I used good form, tried to get to that good muscle fatigue as much as possible. I also pushed through Leslies 4 Fast miles. I probably should have skipped that one, and did something else. But I did it. I even did most of the jogs in her intervals, at least 3 sets of the 5. For me that is amazing, with each calf burning, and my general fatigue. I pushed through it. I remembered Jordan training for his 5k. I remember Noelie and how hard she worked. It was a tough day, but I did the best I could. So here is hoping next week will show an improvement in stamina and endurance.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the journey, and the outcome will come with time...Now just to get your washroom back. Love you, Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. And do you know sis, knowing that you and Jordan are working on this too, in such a positive way, keeps me going! Knowing that you usually would shy away from pushing your body a bit, and doing this is incredible. Still if you have days you just don't quite have all the umph you need, "you know how to slow down, go back to walking" ...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be discouraged if you have to retreat a little. It's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength. It's okay to be down, just never be out. I myself have to back off a little, I can feel shin splints coming on. Fortunately I'm forced to slow down a little because of work.

    ReplyDelete