Saturday, June 9, 2012

Atkins fat fast

So with my new Aria I was tired of the ever increasing upward with no down in the weight cycle and with my measurements having slow change I had enough.

I decided the other day it was time to pull out the big guns, and I started a fat fast of 1000 calories of 90% fat- a diet described by a doctor/scientist by the name of Kennewick. Dr. Atkins would put his most resistant patients on it after they had tried everything else to reach ketosis.

I am pretty sure I am in at this point, and I will continue with one small "cheat" going out with the hubby to Goodwood tonight where I will enjoy the salmon on the menu.

It's gone well with 5 small meals a day. I am hungry right after my first one of the day and then I am fine until near bedtime, at which time I just go to bet and ignore it.

I feel a bit "weaker" during workouts, but that could be my end of the week thing going on too. Other than that I am good. I go to modified starting Wednesday which means upping the calories to 1200 and doing 4 small meals a day-increasing the protein to cover the difference.

Then hopefully my stubborn metabolically resistant body will cooperate. I will take anything just as long as it is moving in the right direction!

2 comments:

  1. Your so much better than I am. I just keep trying to Schwarzbein it. Still slow for me, but since I'm seeing changes other than measurement or weight I keep hoping. I really need to do what I did when I was pregnant with Kendra. I was loosing 3 pounds a week. I'm getting close to that. I'm getting close to 5 or 6 miles a day walking now I need to get the Firm more intense. I honestly believe things started to move for me when I started to use weights on Leg lifts. I can hardly do them without now. Bleh. I hate my weak legs and the muscle fatigue in my thighs before they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. it's hard fighting the fatigue, other than just try to do it without the weights and any things like the stick to balance that you need. It will happen. Just have to take it in the steps you need.

    ReplyDelete