Monday, June 18, 2012

The Firm Volume 6 Boomers Workout

I could do a happy dance! I decided to try the boomers workout. I know I loved it before and I hesitated pulling it out because of the intimidation of her set of squats and leg presses. I thought I would try because I really needed to bump up my intensity and time for my legs. I remember the first few times I did this one, I couldn't do an aerobic step, and I had to do a 10 inch box for the leg lifts so many years ago. Today, I did it with the 4 inch step for the aerobic work, I might could have done 6 but I was worried about tiring out my legs too soon. I made it through all the squats using the sculpting stick instead of my bar bell. I did all leg lifts using the sculpting stick for balance and maybe a bit of a cheat to work through the lift but I still focused on my legs. I got to muscle fatigue easily on my legs. Yippee, I can do a tough tape. It has completely made my day. I think I will try volume 2 tomorrow. If that goes well, super sculpting on Wed. Then back to volume 2, and friday end with volume 6. That will leave me able to do a shorter workout on Saturdays if I have time. Prime power fat burning can be good for that since it is a great upper body workout for an intermediate beginning tape.
I also did a 6 mile walk right after doing this firm workout. For missing 3 days of good workouts it felt good. I was so tired Friday I could hardly do the housework I needed to do. Here I am back at it today.

4 comments:

  1. Tanya that is so awesome! I'm so excited for you and it's so great to move to harder workouts, it's proof that you're improving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is awesome... the boombers is a super cool workout and if any of my girls want a copy :stephanie, brynn, KellyAnne I will happily get it for you. Of course then there is the weights/barbell and step lol but I guess one step at a time. On the other hand all of you are chasing little ones at the very least so I know you get a "workout" there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I bet KellyAnne would love it, a US marine is in this thing. I loaned my VHS copy to a friend so she could look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya you are doing so awesome I am in awe at you and Nedra doing your workouts every day like you are! Keep going and when you are all where you want to be we should plan a big girls day and go shopping :)!! Thanks for inspiring everyone to get into and stay in shape!

    ReplyDelete