Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I had a small woosh today. :)

I was so surprised to weight myself after I had breakfast, (usually I don't wait that long) and I was down two pounds. That makes about 10 down since before Christmas, that is when I saw my highest weight, even over that huge gain earlier. I was surprised because I really had a horrible sleep last night the worst in a couple of days, and I woke up with one of my TMJD headaches. Pain behind my right ear, and pain just above and behind my right eye. I still did a workout. Mostly because I really hoped the stretching would help the muscles that cause these rotten headaches.

I am starting to push myself to do 6 miles a day with Leslie. I hope to even get a couple of days a week to 7. I would like to get to where I'm walking 30 to 35 miles a week. I think that will be a good goal for me over the summer. When school starts I want to start attending the temple once a week so if I can do extra on a couple of days that will give me some flexibility on those days as to how much to put in.

Kendra is really having fun with me. She comes down at will do 4 or 5 minutes of walking with me, and yesterday she had a friend down with me who also said she had lots of fun. Kendra is bursting with energy. She is jumping, skipping, sliding, moving constantly. I came up from my workout and they girls had found some kind of dancing for kids and they were doing that. Made me smile. Just their kind of workout. ;)

Eating is still tricky, and this week I have my anniversary so that day will have to be a free day. With getting right back to it on Monday. Hopefully I get lots of walking in since Michael wants to go see the new mall in SLC.

I still know I need to mix up my Firm workouts. My legs still feel it on the express total body, but the squats not so much. Next week I need to get to some serious what should I do, and what can I do that will challenge me without discouraging me or wiping me out. I want tough but I want to be able to feel like I can do all the reps of a move before hitting muscle fatigue half way there. I watch form points and got some idea. For example when I can't do anymore leg lifts, substitute in some squats.

I had also done some looking around for the "box" that I use. A Novel Notion made mine but I can't find them on the internet anymore. For me it was one of the best purchases I made. The tool box substitute was a bit too high for me even though it wasn't quite 14 inches. Noelie and I decided years ago that 14 is much to high for me, 12 seems to be a better fit for leg lifts. This box is a multilayered square that can adapt from 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 inches. It is easy to move the configurations around, and is very stable. The most unstable is the 4 inch, (yes I have had it flip onto my shin if I landed on it too close to the edge) to stabilize it I use the collar under it and it isn't as likely to flip up. I love it and wish it was still online to buy. For someone that has step aerobic equipment, you won't need it, for me that had nothing it is perfect.

So that has been my week. I have an account at Fitocracy, and I started one at Fitbit, plus the one at medhelp. I like Medhelp because I can track my pain and sleep and other health concerns not just weight, and food. I still wish these sites would be more friendly to low carbers and aerobic/weight training. Both for some reason is ignored.

4 comments:

  1. Great Job Tanya!! I am so impressed at what you guys are doing, it takes a lot of dedication to keep up even when you don't feel well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the whoosh! You are just trucking right along with this, I ave pulled back the last couple of days only doing the firm while getting over this bug, and I still lost a little this am so that is good.

    There are the two part fanny lifters for sale at ebay. I don't know if that helps- nothing in the 12 range

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to find the box to post it for others that my like something more stable than the 2 part box that came with my sculpting stick. I found that one to be very unstable and could jar apart when I used it.

    On the other hand another 2 down today, so an official woosh. Get better, there is nothing like trying to workout when you don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks like on amazon that Cathe uses a little "high step" that uses the risers my longer step has, I might think about that at some point. I do like my little two step I have had for a while from the firm - there are little ridges that sort of 'lock" together,

    Link to that thing on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Step-High-Platform-Grey/dp/B001RQD64S/ref=pd_sim_sg_4 then I would imagine you need to get the risers.

    ReplyDelete