Thursday, June 7, 2012

I have figured something out.

Since my big weakness spell, I have been doing much better. I'm getting in at least 4 miles in ontop of what ever firm I'm doing. I'm really working my upper body hard. (Today my deltoids, particularly my left, is feeling it.) Yesterday I could actually feel my lats trying to pull and do what they are supposed to do on lat rows, as opposed to feeling like my arms are always doing it. Nice feeling when you can actually feel the target muscle doing the work. As I was working out I felt like I needed to start some interval training. My walk just wasn't enough. So I did a one mile interval after walking nearly 3 already. It was good to do. I realized a good way for me to get ready for those first firm workouts that are killers in the aerobics for me, (yes the weights are killers but the aerobics wipe me out big time) would be to do the Leslie 4 mile with boosts.

In it she does 5 sets of boosted walking, I haven't timed it but I think it is something on the par of 3 to 5 minute brisk fast walk, with 2 minutes of boosted jogging. I think if I can get to where I can do that really well I might be able to handle Janet Jones Gretsky? (I don't have the 1st tape so that is why #2 is mentioned.)

I don't know if I will be able to do the boosted walking everyday, but as long as I have energy I will do something, I will concentrate on the 4 mile because it is a fast 4 mile. (45 minutes) Wish me luck. Hopefully my cardiac will be much better in 2 or 3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I found my longer tape with some boosts and will try that, and I think I will try the one with Lariene Chabot and try that instead of upper body and see if my lower body will let go of the weight.
    I took a look at it tonight again and remembered I used to like that one too.

    ReplyDelete