Thursday, July 5, 2012

Progress, Progress

I love the word progress, it is always in motion, what we should be doing. I love Noelie's progress, she motivates me daily. Always has. Looking at her last post it is great, and I'm so happy she found something else to work with.

Today I was a bit tired, from the 4th of July, and I knew I just didn't have the mental motivation to tackle Janet Jones Gretzy. I thought, hmmm, do Prime power fat burning. It is a low intermediate tape, would get me moving, and I could work my upper body, and see my progress since I haven't done it for a couple of weeks.

Wow, I couldn't believe it. I did 12 pounds on lat rows, and isolated bicep curls. I used 10 pounds on my other bicep set that I used 5 or 8 before. I used 10 on french press, which amazed me, It shouldn't have because I have been trying to do with Janet, but on this tape, I was using 5 pounds last time I did it. The only reason I didn't make it through the set was because of my neck hurting, which I have to watch because of the TMJD stuff. I wanted to jump up and down with joy. Then the big one came with the deltoid work. For me it has always been the hardest set to do. The frontal, anterior and posterior delt work I always had to use 2 pounds because even using 3 I couldn't even lift a 3 pound weight when she moved to the military press which should be a heavy weight. Today I did 3 pounds for the regular delt work, and I was able to lift 8 pound weights on the military press. Happy, Happy day. Janet Jones Gretzky may kill me do her tape but it has obviously worked using it the past 2 weeks. It tells me the rotation I have been doing is working, my strength is improving in a measurable tangible way. It tells me muscle memory is coming back, and faster than anticipated.

5 comments:

  1. Go tanya go!! I'm telling you we need a girls shopping trip when you guys are where you want to be, how fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got to see you and Nedra yesterday, both of you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Stephanie- it was good to see you too!

      Delete
  3. sis, that is so fantatastic! You make me just smile at work, and I am so proud of you. You are just taking the challenge and doing such an amazing job working it, better than I even hoped or dreamed of!

    ReplyDelete