Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tortoise and Hare

I have been doing these two workouts for the past week. I have done each 3 times now and they are getting easier. The hare mostly because I remember it fairly well from what I did before. The abdominal work still kills me on that one. I really need to look for a beginner move for the isometric hip lifts. I never could do them well, and my hip flexors are yelling at me when she does them. I guess it is just do what I can, and do regular lower work when I can't. The ballroom steps can be hard for me, depending on speed. I feel clumsy on the waltz, cha-cha, and swing.

Today doing the tortoise I could do the leg lifts with my barbell with 5 pounds of added weight. Stepping on a scale today I was lifting 20 pounds for the leg lifts, lunges and upper body work. I am very pleased as this is the first time I could do the same weight for my upper and lower body without needing to lighten up for the legs. They are catching up at last. The tortoise I can do the abdominal work pretty well. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the aerobic work well on this one. It seems hit and miss with the heavy weights and then the step work between. I'm working hard I'm, not feeling the consistent heart rate up with the stop and go. I suppose I will see how my body adjusts and if I loose weight in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'm in a stall but it is of my own doing so I can't blame anyone but myself.

One thing I'm missing in these two workouts is a really good deltoid work out. I know the barbell is doing it but not having deltoid flies I'm not sure how it is working. I may add in upper body, or prime power fat burning on the occasion just to keep those going.

I'm still trying to do 6 to 8 miles of Leslie walks during the week, and trying to do a little bit of something on the weekend. Measurements were slightly down on upper body this week and slightly up on the abdominal measurements.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, dad, the girls, I am sure Michael are so proud of you. Exercising is work. Pure and simple. Some days you have no idea if you can even lift a foot, and yet you have. I see your fitbit ya know!.. just the steps of course.

    You are doing fantastic.. just getting out and doing something is the right thing and you are excelling!

    We love you and want you good and healty sis. I know you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete